The Hottest Typing Game Right Now
We know that spring can be a difficult time to be a teacher.
Warmer weather and longer days make students itchy to get out of the classroom and onto the playground.
And with summer just around the corner, it can be hard for students (ok, and teachers too) to focus on the hard work ahead of them.
That doesn’t mean, though, that these last few months of the year are any less important for learning than those that came before.
It does mean that teachers might need to be a little more creative in finding ways to get students really excited about maintaining an academic focus.
Here we have the Nitro Type Spring Event to the rescue!
If you’ve never had your students participate in a Nitro Type holiday event, you’re in for a treat.
This is just the thing to boost the energy and excitement in your typing classroom, even if your students have never used Nitro Type before.
Read on to find out how to incorporate the event into your classroom.
How to Participate
It’s quick and easy to get started with Nitro Type in time for the spring event, whether you’ve used Nitro Type before or not.
- Go to nitrotype.com and click on “sign up”.
- Create a username and password (putting in an email address is optional).If you teach younger students or know that remembering a username and password will be a challenge for your students, you can pre-assign these and merely hand them to students on slips of paper.
- Once students log in, they’ll do a practice race to gauge their basic typing speed.
- Voila! They’re ready to compete.
The more students practice and compete the more money they’ll earn.
To join the event itself, all they have to do is head to the dealership to purchase the easter egg themed car.
With this car, students will be able to earn 25% more bonuses with each race, so the more they “drive” this spring-themed car, the more themed achievements and cars they’ll be able to unlock.
The fun just keeps multiplying!
Bring Nitro Type to Life
Apart from being fun, kids love Nitro Type because it’s a great chance to compete with one another and reap the benefits of their increased WPM.
Collecting achievements, tracking progress, and earning prize money keep kids coming back for more.
That said, all of the prizes and recognition students get through Nitro Type is digital.
If you want to go the extra mile and really hype kids up about the spring event, consider bringing some of this competitive action to life in your classroom.
One fun way to do this is with a spring themed raffle.
- Before your students start with the spring event, buy a few bags of plastic easter eggs at a party store.
- Set some predetermined ways that students can “win” an egg.Maybe student get an egg for each gold medal they earn, if they increase their WPM, or for earning a certain amount of money on Nitro Type.
You could also award one egg per class period to the student who did the best job of keeping perfect typing posture and form.
- Whenever a student earns a plastic egg, have her write her name on a slip of paper and put it inside. Store eggs with student names in a big basket.
- At the end of the Spring Event draw eggs from the basket to receive prizes. The more eggs a student earns, the better his or her chance will be of winning a prize.
Your students are bound to think this is an egg-cellent idea!