Technology has an important role to play in the teaching of children and adolescents in the new era of learning. That is why we are proud to be a part of The American Association of School Librarians (AASL) Best Digital Tools 2021!
More and more of our lives are lived through a screen, yet few people are proficient at typing and other digital skills. So how do we help our students navigate and understand the digital world to empower them to be the best they can be?
Gamification is a great way to encourage your students to continue learning outside the classroom. When you gamify the task you want to teach, it becomes easier to engage students. Learning becomes fun! So what are the pieces that make a great typing game?
As a teacher, having control over the different parts of the student experience is key to creating a thoroughly engaging classroom. Whether it’s custom lessons or assignments, disabling/enabling aspects of the curriculum, or setting grade boundaries at both a class and individual student level, there are tons of great ways to differentiate your learning plan with Typing.com.
Teachers play an instrumental role in setting the classroom environment. They primarily dictate the way students interact with each other and the work in front of them. Creating a positive class environment is invaluable for building trust and getting results.
COVID19 has made navigating remote and in-person learning while setting a positive classroom culture harder than ever.
So which values, mindsets, and people skills do you want to encourage?
Are you always looking for ways to motivate your class to master their learning? Setting small goals is an easy way to measure progress and celebrate wins along the way. We’re proud to announce that you can now set timed typing goals for your students!
Getting Started with Daily Goals
The new Daily Student Goals feature gives you the ability to set daily time goals for students—at the class or individual student level. This is a great way to keep students motivated and working toward typing mastery, and for you to know exactly what they’re doing
If you’re a teacher, you can adjust your students’ goals in a new tab under the Class Settings tab. You may choose goals that last from 5 to 60 minutes daily. Your students will see their updated daily goal timer among their typing stats each time they login on their dashboards.
Typing.com celebrates achieving their goals and gives them the option to add 5 more minutes if they’d like.
For Students Not in a Class
Students who are not in a class will be able to update their daily goal when they land on the dashboard. Here learners have the option to choose between “No Goal” or goals of 5-minute increments up to 60 minutes. But don’t worry, skipping goals doesn’t mean one can’t be set later on!
We’re building Typing.com to make it as easy and effective as possible to learn the critical skill of keyboarding. It’s flexible and fun! We think you’ll love setting student goals and enjoy the results.
Try it for yourself right now by logging in here.
Still have questions?
If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to check out our support articles by clicking here.
Every student is unique and learns at a different pace. So as a teacher, you need the power to deliver individual lesson experiences. Along with our recently redesigned Teacher Portal, you now have the flexibility to customize your students’ experiences with the newly released individual settings tab!
Students used to learn typing in high school. Now, it’s a requirement for learning much earlier. So, how do you make typing fun enough to keep your students motivated?
Kids today need to know how to type now that our world is mostly digital and online. Typing.com is a clear, engaging, step-by-step curriculum that you can customize. Here are the most frequently asked questions by educators when setting up their accounts.
Returning to the classroom does not mean the disappearance of the use of technology implemented over the last year or before. Which is why for the next 7 days, Typing.com now offers you, your schools, and districts to get 50% off premium licenses for every license you buy.
In consideration of new vetting programs, new budget cuts, and the return to the classroom, we’ve taken a hard look at how we can help you get through this roller coaster in the easiest (and cheapest!) way possible.
Technology isn’t going anywhere. In fact, it’s becoming more pervasive and important with every passing day. Prepare your schools and students for success—in and out of the classroom—with:
- Step-by-step lessons and all that the new typing curriculum for 2021 has to offer
- Simple, instant rostering and information syncing
- Powerful administrative and reporting tools
- And when you upgrade to premium, all of this is ad-free
Step-by-step Lesson Structure
- Aligned by scope and sequence and standards correlations
- Easily customizable lessons for students to differentiate learning for your students
- Simple, toggle on/off multilingual instruction
- Personalized goals and weekly progress reports
Instant Information Syncing
- Instantly sync with Google Classroom, Clever, or ClassLink
- 180-day data retention (unlimited with Premium)
- Students never need an email address because we never ask for your student’s private information
- 100% Ad free with Premium
- Students have no access to forums or messaging so they can focus on learning
- Engaging (and optional) class competitions, leaderboards, and printable certificates
- Full district and administrative level tools to streamline management
- View activity of your students, classrooms, and schools
- Timed exercises to set standards and understand performance
- Change individual or class level settings through a simple dashboard
New Discounted Pricing
- Per student prices start at $7.99 and go down from there
- Bulk discount for schools and districts starts as low as $1.14
- Licenses are fully transferable
Set Up For Next Year, Right Now
Typing.com is in your corner! Help your students start building critical foundational skills now. Hopefully, we can partner with you for the coming school year—and beyond!