The AASL’s Top Tools for Teachers 2021
Technology has an important role to play in the teaching of children and adolescents in the new era of learning. That is why we are proud to be a part of The American Association of School Librarians (AASL) Best Digital Tools 2021!
What Makes a Top Tool?
When it comes to choosing the right tools for promoting collaboration, creativity, innovation and more it can be hard to choose what will work best for your students.
AASL’s Best Digital Tools are recognized for fostering many qualities including:
- Innovation and creativity
- Active participation and collaboration
- Being user-friendly
- Including information and references for students and teachers
We are excited to be featured within their list of incredible programs and tools that have been able to support and delight both students and teachers during the last year.
What’s New at Typing.com
As the school year ends, we wanted to take a look back at the past school year. There are some incredible new features and changes at Typing.com, so in case you missed them, here’s a quick recap!
- Now you have more freedom than ever with new individual and classroom settings—including daily timed typing goals, custom lesson progression, personalized benchmarks, and more.
- New friendlier and more intuitive Teacher Portal
- Integration with Microsoft Teams makes signup and sync a breeze
- Typing.com earned ISTE’s Seal of Alignment
But that’s not all! We have a few BIG things coming in the next months that you won’t want to miss.
See you at ISTE
Typing.com will be attending ISTE Live on June 30th at 2:30 PM PST! We’ll be hosting an interactive poster session on how important Closing the Achievement Gap is and 4 easy ways that you can get started in your classrooms next year.
If you are interested in joining—or not attending the conference and would like to still get all the details after—you can sign up to stay updated HERE! Be sure to add any questions you might have and enjoy a special gift just for helping us understand how we can help.
New Curriculum is Coming for the 2021 School Year
Introducing grade-specific keyboarding curriculum for the 2021-22 school year! The new curriculum will help you hit standards you’d normally teach with real-world application of keyboarding. You’ll save time and help your students prepare to perform at their best in the digital world.
Your students will be able to do things like:
- Practice grade-based lessons featuring cross-curricular science, music, and social studies content
- Become enthusiastic and informed digital citizens with student choice and scenario-based activities
- Expand their creativity with free-response lessons that incorporate grade-specific standards
- Learn real-life skills like email formatting and resume creation
Learn more about how the new curriculum works and get early access here!